Monday, May 20, 2013

The Brownies That Made The Village Weep With Joy

'Mkay, so usually the only thing I ever bake is cookies and I can give you 6 legitimate reasons for their superiority among all things dessert;
1) They are (usually) not messy to eat
2) They are (usually) not complicated to make
3) They don't need frosting or anything else to go on them 'cause they're just naturally good looking
4) They're super easy to store
5) I have never heard someone say "Nah, I'm not really in a cookie mood."

Bottom line: cookies are amazing and they are my favorite. But I can't JUST do cookies, this blog needs a little more flair than that. And you know what I realized the other day?! I HAVE NEVER MADE BROWNIES BEFORE. What a convenient time for that realization to hit, as the house was suffering from a severe lack of sugared treats.

SO HERE ARE SOME GREAT BROWNIES THAT WERE SO AMAZING EVERYONE CRIED (they were dry tears and the were slightly invisible but I swear to you they were there).

INGREDIENTS:
2 sticks of butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
chocolate chips (optional)
sprinkles for pizzazz (optional pizzazz)

HOW TO MAKE THESE SLICES OF CHOCOLATY PARADISE;

Preheat your oven to 350.
Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside. This will soon be the throne for the King of the Brownie Kingdom.

Get your butter and cut it into chunks (this will make it easier for melting). Place butter in a microwave safe bowl. A LARGE microwave safe bowl, it's a ton of butter.

Add the sugar to your bowl, then place in microwave. Heat at 30 second intervals, mixing after each interval until the mixture is smooth and vaguely starts to bubble.


Hash tag healthy baker.

You may want to consider transferring this to an even BIGGER bowl, but if you think your bowl can contain the rest of the ingredients, continue on.

Add in the eggs and vanilla, and if you have an electric mixer, get it out. If you don't have an electric mixer, I hope you've been making good use of the gym membership you bought on January 1st.

Mix this until it is nice and smooth.

In another bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. 
Start adding it to the wet mixture.

Okay, this was my first time making brownies and they make a WEIRD mixture compared to most things I make. The mix was almost, I don't know, I want to say stretchy? And it made huge air bubbles when I started mixing in the dry ingredients which momentarily freaked me out.


Ooooookaaaayyy then.

Once you have all of your dry ingredients and wet ingredients mixed together, pour it into your pan.

HERE COMES THE FUN PIZZAZY PART!

Once you've poured the mix into the pan, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. I ran out of chocolate chips about halfway through (hmmm I wonder why *unsubtle cough* DAD WHO EATS THEM BY THE HANDFULS WHEN HE THINKS I'M NOT LOOKING *unsubtle cough*). I decided that half of the chocolate chips just wasn't going to cut it for me, so naturally, what do I reach for?


SPPRRIIINNKKLLLEEEZZZZ


Before, a dull, mundane pan of brownie mix.


After: HOLY CRAB CAKES WHO FLIPPED ON THE PARTY SWITCH 'CUZ THESE BROWNIES BE PARTYIN' LIKE IT'S 1999

You could add whatever you wanted to these actually. Nuts, raisins, hard boiled eggs, guacamole, whatever your weird little heart desires <3

Pop the pan into the oven for 28 minutes and when you pull it out you'll have a marvelous dessert that everyone will love (if someone doesn't love these I suggest you delete them from your BFF list immediately).

You're welcome, enjoy the brownies my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment